Sydney Community Foundation Vision
An inclusive and kind Sydney where all communities can thrive.
Sydney Community Foundation Mission
We connect funds to programs that strengthen Sydney’s communities.
Sydney Community Foundation Values
We are creative and progressive
We collaborate and work in partnership
We are trusted experienced and knowledgeable
We deliver impact and change
How we Work
We encourage local giving, to fund high impact, grassroots projects in the greater Sydney area. Our aim is to lessen the divide and provide all Sydneysiders the opportunity to thrive.
We focus in particular on supporting local communities in need through our place-based philanthropy program and on improving the wellbeing of women and families through our Sydney Women's Fund.
We invite you to get involved by:
- Supporting our place-based philanthropy work in building stronger communities by donating to SCF.
- Establishing an sub-fund or collective giving circle with friends, family and colleagues for the causes you care about.
- Making a bequest pledge in your will for the causes you care about locally that will be honoured by SCF in perpetuity.
- Joining our Sydney Women's Fund as a regular donor to support Sydney women and families in need.
- Becoming a strategic corporate partner, allowing us to grant locally on your behalf to grassroots organisations in Sydney using our in depth community knowledge and grantmaking expertise or assisting us to fundraise with you through your business.
We also provide the opportunity for donors to fund Sydney Community Foundation's priority projects directly for immediate impact. Our priority projects are selected guided by the four pillars of our work.
Our four pillars include:
- Education and employment pathways
- Enabling independence
- Transforming place
These are the areas into which we invest.